GNYAP Mission and Goals
The mission of The Greater New York Academy of Prosthodontics is to benefit dental patients by advancing the art, science and practice of prosthodontics, encouraging the highest ethical standards and professional involvement, while promoting a better relationship among the other disciplines of dentistry and related professions.
- To elevate the art, science and practice of prosthodontics by encouraging its members to participate in education, research and patient care.
- To improve the health and well-being of the public through the dissemination of prosthodontic knowledge.
- To select for membership those who have demonstrated accomplishments and proficiency in prosthodontics and who can make meaningful contributions to the discipline.
- To foster lifelong learning in its membership and the prosthodontic community and to further encourage its members to seek opportunities to share their prosthodontic knowledge and skills.
- To encourage its membership to anticipate and implement beneficial changes in the practice of prosthodontics.
- To ensure that its membership adheres to the highest professional and ethical standards and has a commitment to excellence.
- To stimulate and support basic and clinical research in prosthodontics by sponsoring research grants and awards.